Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

Five things I've learnt about Lush

After posting four food-tastic blog posts since I got back from Walt Disney World last month (read the latest one here), I thought it was time for a change of topic this week.

I know I'm hideously late to the party, but I've become a very speedy Lush convert/addict over the last six months after deciding to find out what the Snow Fairy fuss was all about. Since that first plunge into the wonderful world of Lush, I've learnt lots of things which surprised me.


1. Snow Fairy IS worth the hype



I've become accustomed to people shrieking about Snow Fairy over on Twitter and Instagram over the last few years, so last year I decided to try it for myself to find out if it was really that good. I now regret buying such a tiny bottle! It really does live up to all the hype and I can't wait for it to be released again in October/November. I'll definitely be picking up a bigger bottle as well as a few other products from the Snow Fairy range. As an aside, I'm currently using The Comforter shower cream which is nearly as good (but not quite)!



2. Bubble bars are just as good as bath bombs



I used to think Lush was all about bath bombs and little else. I was wrong! I've tried quite a few bubble bars (The Comforter, Unicorn Horn, Pop in the Bath and Brightside) and I actually enjoy using them just as much as I enjoy a good bath bomb. They're better value for money as one bubble bar can be used four or five times, the ones I've tried so far all smell amazing, and who doesn't love a bath full of shimmery bubbles? 



3. Lush is about so much more than bath products



As I've already stated above, I used to think Lush was just a bath bomb shop with a few other bath products thrown in. It turns out I was very wrong on that one! As well as the shower gels I've already mentioned, Lush sells a wide range of products from lip scrubs to shampoo bars to toothy tabs to face masks. Two of my favourite products so far are the Rub Rub Rub shower scrub and the Silky Underwear dusting powder, and Lush's hair products are next on my 'need to try' list. Once you start trying a few different products from Lush, I can guarantee that you won't be able to stop. 



4. Absolutely everything is instagrammable



It's no secret that I love all things instagrammable, and most Lush products definitely tick that box! Whether I'm updating my Instagram story or adding an image of a new product to my feed, I'm always guaranteed excellent content from Lush. Even the packaging is aesthetically pleasing, and so strikingly branded. The only downside is that my photos never capture the glittery sheen produced by lots of bath bombs and bubble bars!



5. I want to make friends with every staff member



Before I went in to a Lush store voluntarily for the first time, I always thought they were intimidating and stressful. I couldn't have been more wrong! All the staff at the Cardiff store are incredibly welcoming and I honestly want to ask them all to be my friends. However busy they might be, a staff member will always ask you almost straight away if you need any help. The first time I went in to Lush and was clearly completely clueless, a lovely staff member went through lots of products with me and recommended a few things for me to try based on my preferences. Her choices were obviously spot on because I keep going back! This sounds ridiculously corny, but a visit to Lush really does brighten up my day (as well as my Instagram feed). Also, if you haven't visited the new Cardiff store yet, you really really need to. 


What are your favourite products from Lush? Do you have any recommendations to share with me? 

2 comments:

  1. 100% in agreement with all of these! I went to the Oxford St shop the other day to stock up on exclusives... Bit annoying though as it makes you like stuff you can't buy regularly! Is it wrong that I'm already excited for the Christmas range..?

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh also my top tip is buy a tea strainer (like a tiny sieve) and crumble bubble bars into it before holding it under the tap. Saw this on Instagram and it's changed my life (well, the tiny part of my life I spend using bubble bars anyway).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)