Pages

Thursday 15 June 2017

Dining in style at Walt Disney World

Last week, I blogged about some of the table service restaurants we visited while we were on holiday last month. This week, as promised, I'm going to focus on signature restaurants.

As I explained in my last post, signature restaurants are worth two credits each per person on the Disney Dining Plan as they're generally in a prestigious location and on the pricey side. These restaurants are all very deserving of their 'signature' tag and provide a dining experience like no other.

We used our Disney Dining Plan credits on the first three restaurants I've featured - Narcoossee's, Citricos and The Yachtsman. Although Morimoto Asia is classed as a signature restaurant, the food isn't hugely expensive which means it feels like a waste of credits, so we paid for that meal out of our spending money. And, last but not least, you can't use the dining plan in Shula's Steak House but it would definitely be a signature restaurant if you could!

Just like in the standard table service restaurants, you can order a soft drink, main course and dessert with your dining plan credits. You then need to pay for the service charge, alcoholic drinks, starters and sides. I love it that the Disney Dining Plan gives you the option to visit these amazing restaurants in such an affordable way!

Get ready for some serious food envy...



Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa






This is one of my favourite restaurants in the world due to its amazing location and lovely food and drinks. I had a Mango Mojito, Black Angus New York strip steak, and the strawberry shortcake for dessert. We stood outside on the balcony to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom in between our main course and dessert... a definite perk of this restaurant! At roughly $150 for two people, it's well worth using the Disney Dining Plan.  



Citricos, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 






This was the first time we'd visited Citricos and it was one of our favourite meals of the holiday. There was a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant with a beautiful view of the Grand Floridian, and the food was really delicious. I drank a Solerno Prosecco cocktail and chose the oak-grilled beef filet for my main course. I ordered the lemon-scented cheesecake for dessert and could have eaten it ten times over! Again, the bill came in at roughly $150 for two people. 



Yachtsman Steakhouse, Yacht Club 






We ate at the Yachtsman on our last night and definitely saved one of the best until last. We had a view of the Yacht and Beach Club's pool from our table and had a really friendly waiter. Even the complimentary bread (and accompanying baked garlic!) was amazing. I ordered the 10-oz Black Angus filet mignon for my main course with caramelized onions on the side, and went for the carrot cake for dessert. Absolutely delicious! With a couple of glasses of wine, this meal came to roughly $160 for two people. Again, a complete steal on the Disney Dining Plan. 



Morimoto Asia, Disney Springs 






I love the decor in Morimoto Asia and eating here always feels like a special occasion. The portions aren't massive and don't come with rice, so just bear in mind that you might need to order a couple of extras. I ordered a Strawberry Ginger cocktail, the chicken dumplings to start, and the orange chicken for my main. As I mentioned above, we decided to pay for this meal as the bill came to roughly $80 for two people - definitely not worth two Disney Dining Plan credits each when you compare this with the prices above. 



Shula's Steak House, Dolphin Hotel  






One of my favourite meals of the holiday. You feel completely immersed in high quality as soon as you set foot in Shula's and the food is absolutely stunning. I ordered my favourite Blueberry Martini to drink and barbecued shrimp stuffed with basil for my starter. For my main, I chose the 8-oz filet mignon and we also ordered grilled asparagus spears and mashed potatoes on the side. This restaurant is very pricey but completely worth it as a special treat!


I didn't realise until I wrote this post that I ate steak in nearly all the signature restaurants we visited... would you believe that I'd never even tried steak until our honeymoon nearly three years ago? 

Have you tried any of these signature restaurants? Do you have any more recommendations to share with me? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)