Pages

Friday 29 July 2016

Florida 2016 - Advance Dining Reservations!

One of the most exciting things about going to Walt Disney World on holiday is that you can book so many aspects of your trip in advance. You can book the colour of your magic band, check in to your hotel and choose your preferences, make restaurant reservations, and make your 'fast pass' bookings for various rides and attractions. All these milestones and research opportunities make holiday planning so much more exciting!

With advance dinner reservations opening six months before your travel date, there's plenty of time to drool over various menus and make a list of those places you definitely want to book in advance.

We've booked eight restaurants so far for this year's trip so I thought I'd blog about them... I won't lie to you, I'm feeling extremely hungry as a result.



1. Plaza, The Magic Kingdom



We ate lunch at the Plaza on the first full day of our holiday in 2013, immediately after getting engaged! We've booked it again for our first day this year and I can't wait to go back. I'll definitely have dessert as well as a main based on the vanilla cheesecake I had last time which you can see on my A-Z of Walt Disney World - Food and Drink post. It'll be the first full day of our holiday so it's got to be done! 



2. San Angel Inn Restaurante, Epcot



This is one of the new restaurants we've chosen for this year, and it's situated in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase. The restaurant itself is in a beautiful themed setting and the menu looks delicious. I'm excited about trying yet another cuisine in Epcot! 



3. Shula's Steakhouse, Dolphin Hotel 



Shula's was one of our favourite restaurants last year and it was one of the first ones we booked for this year's trip. Quite honestly one of the best steaks I've ever had, and even the sides were exquisite. Who knew that mashed potato and asparagus could taste so good?



4. T-Rex, Disney Springs



Another new restaurant for this year - T-Rex! I've never taken a photograph of it for some reason despite walking past it tens of times, so here's an image from good old Google. If T-Rex is anything like Rainforest Cafe, I'll definitely love it there.



5. Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian



Another one of my favourite meals from last year's holiday and an absolute must for this year. Glowing cocktails and a spectacular main and dessert, as well as an amazing view of the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom's night show. The restaurant also streams the music from the night show which contributes to the magical atmosphere. This might well be the restaurant I'm most excited about!



6. Grand Floridian Cafe, Grand Floridian



Another new one for this year which comes highly recommended - the only breakfast we've booked so far. I love visiting the beautiful Grand Floridian so I'm very pleased that we're guaranteed to go there twice this year!



7. Morimoto, Disney Springs



This restaurant wasn't even open last time we visited so here's another stolen picture from Google! There are loads of restaurants to choose from in Disney Springs, but this was one we definitely needed to book in advance to guarantee a place. I love evenings spent at Disney Springs, and evenings which involve lovely food are even better. 



8. The Yachtsman Steakhouse, Yacht Club



Another new restaurant, and another steak house! I'm so glad I finally discovered steak on our honeymoon back in 2014... now I can't imagine going on holiday and not eating steak at least four times. The Yacht and Beach Club is set in one of the most beautiful areas in Walt Disney World with lots of pretty views and walking spots, so I'm really looking forward to our evening at the Yachtsman. 



What do you think of our Advance Dinner Reservations so far? We've got a big list of restaurants we still need to consider so it'll be interesting to see if we can fit them all in! 

34 days to go... it really can't come quickly enough. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your choices, I've not eaten at all of them but heard plenty of good things. Breakfast at GFC is however one of my faves I've had so great choice there :)

    Sarah || Belle's Moments

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)