Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

Twelve posts of Christmas #11 - Christmas food

It won't surprise you to learn that I ate a lot over the festive period. I'm still eating a lot, but let's not dwell on that.

As well as all the usual Christmas snacks which suddenly become irresistible at this time of year, we were lucky enough to have five amazing meals over Christmas and New Year. I obviously have photographic evidence for all five, in preparation for this very blog post.

I'm not going to write a long explanation for these meals... the photos speak for themselves!



Christmas Day - Miller & Carter


Prosecco, hand rolled goat's cheese and walnut roulade, champagne sorbet,
turkey dinner, lemon tart, and a hot chocolate.



Boxing Day - my mother's dinner


Turkey AND chicken, and all the trimmings!



28th December - Neil's beef dinner


That gravy. Those roast potatoes. Those parsnips. YUM. 



New Year's Eve - Mint and Mustard


Taster menu:
Amuse Bouche;
Goan crab cake, water chestnut pattie, angara chicken tikka;
Champagne sorbet;
Guinea fowl kori gassi, mughlai lamb shank, dal panchratan, aloo katliya;
Berry parfait, almond halwa, pistachio kulfi



New Year's Day - my mother in law's dinner


Another beautiful turkey dinner with strawberry sorbet for dessert


Aaaaand I'll be going back to the gym tomorrow. Have you blogged about your Christmas meals? Please send me your links! 

1 comment:

  1. Turkey AND chicken?! Ede is a legend! All of that food looks incredible...

    Liz x
    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)