Pages

Thursday 24 December 2015

Twelve posts of Christmas #5 - Christmas plans!

Just one sleep to go!

I'm so excited about our plans for this Christmas. My Christmasses have always lasted about a week and a half because I'm a festive fiend, but the Christmas period is extended even further now that we're married and visit both sets of families and friends over Christmas.




The fun starts on Christmas Eve... Christmas Eve has always been one of my favourite days of the festive period. This will be the first Christmas Eve I'll have spent away from my parents' house, so Neil and I have lots of plans to make sure it's a special one. We'll open our presents from each other as well as eating festive snacks and watching a cosy film which is yet to be decided. I'd usually watch Santa Claus The Movie on Christmas Eve with my family but I might not subject Neil to that again this year... I think it's essential to have watched the film from a young age to truly appreciate it!




This year, we're spending Christmas Day with Neil's parents and sister. They live around the corner from us so we'll walk over with our many bags of presents early on Christmas morning. I had an idyllic vision of walking to their house on a crisps and frosty Christmas morning, but it looks as if it'll be pouring with rain! We're going out for food in the afternoon at Miller and Carter which I've never done before on Christmas Day, so it'll be a really unique experience. My in-laws also have two dogs and a cat so there'll be lots of extra festive excitement which I won't have experienced before. I'm excited about sharing Christmas Day with my in-laws and sharing in all their Christmas traditions, and I'm also excited about the food (surprise, surprise)!

On Boxing Day, we're travelling to West Wales for a second Christmas Day with my parents and my brother. We'll all open our presents when we arrive, then we'll sit down for Christmas dinner followed by a few films and (most likely) lots of chocolate and mince pies. I don't see my family very often so I can't wait to catch up and slip back into our old Christmas routines. If it's anything like old times, we'll spend the evening playing with / reading / watching the Christmas presents we've had so far!

Most people sleep the day after Christmas Day and Boxing Day, but we'll be continuing the catching up with a visit to my friend's house to exchange Christmas gifts. I'm incredibly excited about the present I've bought for her, and a blog post will probably follow on it. It's THAT good. Neil and I will most likely have a night in after we get back to Penarth, but that might still change... so many people to see!




On the 28th, Neil and I will be having a day in with our very own Christmas dinner and a chance to catch up on all our Christmas presents. I'm hoping to have a colossal lie in and a relaxing day in my pyjamas with our Christmas tree lights. I'm also envisaging eating lots of Pringles, if I'm not sick of them by then. Actually, scrap that... I'll never be sick of Pringles.

The morning after our quiet day in, we'll be driving back to West Wales to see my sister, her husband and my two nephews as they'll be staying at my parents' house for a few days. Cue yet another present exchanging spree... I can't wait to see my nephew's little faces when we give them their presents! Our second day at my parents' house will almost definitely consist of more eating and more films as the two just go so perfectly together.

I'll be seeing more friends the day after, then we'll finish the year with a meal at the Mint and Mustard with Neil's parents and sister on New Year's Eve. I'm not usually a big fan of NYE and don't enjoy spending it out in town with crowds of people, so going out for a nice meal will be a welcome change.




After all that, I think I'll be asleep for most of New Year's Day!

What are your plans over Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds busy! We just watched Santa Claus The Movie- Pete tolerated it admirably! Hope tomorrow is awesome (I bet the food will be incredible) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)