Pages

Friday 18 December 2015

Twelve posts of Christmas #3 - My advent calendar

A lot of people stop buying advent calendars when they move away from home. Not me!

1st December has always been my third favourite day of the year (behind Christmas Day and my birthday, obviously). It's the day when I can officially start eating chocolate every morning for 24/25 days and, more importantly, it's when the official Christmas countdown starts.

I usually go for some kind of Disney-themed advent calendar so I thought I'd have a change this year with a Maltesers 'Merryteaser' calendar.




There's a piece of moulded chocolate behind every door rather than an actual malteser, but the chocolate tastes like Maltesers rather than cheapy advent calendar chocolate. I'm generally happy to put up with the cheapy chocolate as it's all part of the experience, but having a better quality chocolate is a bonus! Each chocolate is vaguely shaped into some kind of Christmassy symbol, but I usually eat it too quickly to take any notice of what it represents. 

There's also a Christmas joke behind each advent calendar door. I won't lie to you... they're not good. 

I obviously instagrammed my calendar when there were two weeks to go until the big day, and I'll almost certainly be instagramming again once I get to the 24th and get to sample my mini reindeer. 




Do you still love advent calendars? Which one did you buy this year?

1 comment:

  1. I love advent calendars, I still get one at the age of 25! This year's was Marvel - I love anything with a superhero on it, or something Disney related like you :D - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)