Pages

Thursday 7 August 2014

Famous tweets!

You probably already know that I'm a massive fan of Twitter. Do you know what I'm an even bigger fan of? Getting tweets from famous people!

I've been tweeted twice by famous people in the last few weeks so I thought I'd share these momentous occasions on my blog so that you can all partake in my excitement. You probably won't be as excited as I was (and still am), but you can humour me and pretend.

So on to momentous occasion number one... I had my second hen night a few weeks ago with my work colleagues. My lengthy obsessions with certain celebrities (mostly Welsh rugby players) are quite legendary so the girls had prepared masks of some of my crushes over the years which they wore during a game of 'Guess Beth's crush'. This game involved Rhian reading out obscure facts to see if I could guess who the facts were about... needless to say, I guessed them all correctly. I'm a mine of information when it comes to certain baby faced individuals! I loved this idea, and I especially loved the Rhys Williams masks as he's probably my favourite celebrity of all time. We decided to get all the Rhys masks together so that we could tweet a photo to Rhys as he's quite prolific on Twitter.



Look at that beautiful face! (His, not mine)


Much to our (my) excitement, he promptly tweeted back telling us we were awesome and asking what the occasion was. When he was told that it was my hen night, he tweeted: 'Please tell her congratulations and I wish her and her husband all the best for the future.' Waaahhh! What a lovely man, and I'm not even biased. Well, maybe a tiny bit. 

The second famous tweet came from David Mitchell of Peep Show fame. I'm reading his hilarious autobiography at the moment and love the fact that he, just like me, looks like he's trying to break back in to his house once he's locked his front door as he's so security conscious. I therefore decided to tweet about this similarity: 'Reading @RealDMitchell's autobiography... I'm not the only person who looks as if I'm trying to break back in once I've locked my front door!' He then replied a few hours later and said 'It's reassuring to hear I'm not alone.' Again, waaaahhhh! I would have thought that David Mitchell gets tweeted quite a lot so it's great that he made the effort to reply. He's now gone up even more in my estimation. 

Has anyone famous ever tweeted you? Did you also get super excited and write a blog post on it...?

1 comment:

  1. Ah both of those are pretty neat. I've shared a couple of tweets with some band members of bands I love - Paolo from Trivium talking about cats) and Clairy Browne in a talk about pin up hair. Always fun when it happens that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)