Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

Monthly cinema round up: February

This is the second post in my 'Monthly cinema round up' series. Unfortunately I didn't see as many films in February as I saw in January... I blame the new house and the fact that February went insanely quickly.

So what films did I see in February?

Dallas Buyers Club
Amazing film. It tackles so many prejudices and misconceptions about the HIV virus which are sadly still prevalent in communities across the world, and the acting is spectacular. Matthew McConaughey is phenomenal and just keeps getting better with every film!

That Awkward Moment
I've heard lots of bad reviews about this film, but I thought it was great. It was good to watch a film told from the male perspective for once, and it made me laugh a lot which is generally what I want from this kind of film. Zac Efron also plays a starring role... I have a bit of a soft spot of Zac Efron.

The Lego Movie
Loved it! Every seat was filled when Neil and I went to see this, and there was only one child in sight. Adults will definitely enjoy this film a lot more than children will due to the often very subtle humour and use of irony and satire. 'Everything is awesome!'

Cuban Fury
Another great film. How can Chris O'Dowd be so endearing in the IT Crowd and so hateful in this film...? Nick Frost's dancing was a definite highlight! Entertaining, easy to follow and just generally a feel-good film.


My favourite film last month was... Dallas Buyers Club. A difficult choice this month, but this film really left a lasting impression on me.

Look out for March's update in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)