Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Turning our house into a home #1

After publishing a blog post about our new house a few weeks ago, I thought I'd write some posts on the process of turning our house into a home.

Watching empty rooms transform into liveable and personalised spaces is such an exciting process. I've found myself getting excited about minute details like curtain fabric, photo frames, rugs and towels. Just me...? Don't even get me started on choosing lampshades, mirrors and crockery!

We started with the living room and dining room, thanks to some rather exceptional sales in BHS. Here are some photos of the furniture we've acquired downstairs so far...



I love our cute little two seater sofa



Bigger sofa underneath the window!



Beautiful oak table and chairs



Not sure yet if we're sticking with the green wall...



Our first 'New Home' card!


We've bought a few other bits and pieces for the house in the last few weeks, and I'm really looking forward to buying more during the coming weeks and months. Buying a house and transforming it into your home is a very expensive (and lengthy) process but it'll be so worth it when it's all finished!

Look out for another 'turning our house into a home' post soon :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love your dinning table - most of our furniture is second hand or vintage - which means it's always a big mismatch jumble which I kind of like. The only piece of furniture we really need when we move is a new sofa, the one we have is on it's last legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Vintage furniture is lovely, I think it makes the hosue lok more homely. It's good that you've already got most of your furniture sorted, cuts down a lot on costs x

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky to have a house to transform, I'm so jealous (there's only so much you can do with a rented property). Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, I've been living in rented properties for ten years! Very frustrating. Thanks for the good luck wishes :) x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)