Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

New house!

After months of searching, waiting, negotiating and spending lots of money, we've finally had the keys to our new house! It's a lovely little three bedroom house in Penarth, and it's perfect for our first home. I still can't quite believe that we're home owners... this seemed like an impossible dream three months ago.

We've been quite lucky as the house is beautifully decorated already, so there's no need to start work on huge renovating or decorating projects. However, I'm really excited about choosing curtains for all the rooms as the seller obviously took all her curtains with her. Is that a sad thing to be excited about...?

I thought I'd post some initial photos of what the house looks like just to give you a taster... you can expect many more posts over the next few months as we work on adding our own touches to make it our own. I suspect that this stage will also involve spending lots of money, but it'll be more fun than spending money on solicitors and mortgage fees!



The beautiful kitchen



Neil's parents have given us a lovely dinner set to start us off!



Love the Georgian style windows



How amazing is this bathroom?! It's so white!



I've never lived in a house with a separate shower before...



Feature wall in the main bedroom. My favourite wall in the house!



All the interior doors are white with these lovely silver handles



One of my most exciting purchases so far.
I am totally in love with this doormat!


What do you think? Do you have any decorating/colour scheme tips for us? I suspect that I'll become even more obsessed with Pinterest over the coming months!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new home. We're just starting to look for our first new house but not getting anywhere with mortgage people. I hate our apartment and we need the space but feels like it's just not going to happen for us. Wah. Anyways ... looks like you've moved into a lovely house and great choice on your door mat! And I may just slightly be jealous about how large your kitchen looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Mortgage people are extremely unhelpful, or so it seems! I hope you have better luck with it in the next few months... we thought we wouldn't get anywhere either a few months ago but it all worked out in the end. The kitchen is rather beautiful, probably the most spacious room in the house x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you and Neil, the house looks lovely! Penarth is such a nice place to live too, I've not considered it before but I may go and have a quick look on Rightmove...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Penarth is lovely, definitely a good place to consider. Let me know how you get on! x

      Delete
  3. Happy new home, it looks lovely!
    I've always wanted to live in Penarth, so jealous.
    That doormat is adorable!
    I'm looking forward to your future home posts :) x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's very exciting! I really love Penarth, never thought we'd be able to live there but we got lucky... right place at the right time :) The doormat is amazing x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)