Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Restaurant Review: Pizza Hut

This is a very delayed restaurant review, but I've been super busy for the last few weeks. We went to Pizza Hut in Cardiff Bay Retail Park a few weeks ago based on a spur-of-the-moment decision. Although I love the pizza there, it never springs to mind as the first choice when we're deciding where to eat. We tend to eat in Pizza Express rather than in Pizza Hut, but the former is a bit more pretentious at times. The Pizza Hut restaurant in Cardiff Bay is always far less crowded than the one in the centre of town, and I find that the atmosphere is more relaxed. The one in the centre of town is always full of noisy teenagers, whereas the one in the Bay is generally full of families. Families will always be preferable to noisy teenagers in my book.

Seeing as the salad bowl now comes free with every main meal, I started with that. I'm always disappointed with the salad in Pizza Hut, mainly because I compare it with the salad bar at the Harvester. No contest. Unfortunately, on this occasion there was even less than usual to shout about when it came to the salad bar.



Slim pickings!


There's never anything wrong with the salad itself and it always tastes nice, but there's just not enough choice. However, I did capitalise on the opportunity to eat lots of bacon bits with thousand island dressing. Salad of kings.

Our pizzas came just as we finished our salad bowls. I ordered the Veggie Supreme with a thin Italian base and, as usual, it was very tasty. To be fair to Pizza Hut, their salad might be rubbish but their pizza has never disappointed me. I also liked the black slate it was served on... I'm easily pleased, I know. 



So many vegetables... I could almost convince myself that it's healthy. Almost. 


Another satisfying experience at Pizza Hut! I'm not sure why I don't choose it as my first choice more often, but it's definitely a good back-up plan. What do other people think of Pizza Hut? Salad bar aside...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)