Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Belated tribute to My Chemical Romance

I know this is a bit late, but I was gutted when I heard the news that My Chemical Romance were splitting up. I haven't been a fan since the beginning, just because I hadn't come across their music, but I've been listening to their music for the last five or six years and own all their albums. I went to see them in February 2011 and thought they put on an amazing live show. Gerard Way is a fantastic front man and vocalist, and the rest of the band are brilliant too. All the albums tell their own story when you listen to them in sequence, and a lot of the lyrics really resonate with me. I love a bit of emo music. Is that even what it's called these days?

Anyway, as a belated tribute, here's my MCR top 6. Some of these are live recordings, so they take a while to get going!



I'm not Okay (I Promise)




It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Death Wish 




This is How I Disappear




The Sharpest Lives




Bulletproof Heart




Planetary (GO!)


What's your favourite My Chemical Romance song?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)