Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

Poached eggs on toast... my second staple meal!

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my favourite staple meal which I always fall back on when I haven't got much money left or haven't been shopping for a while. My second favourite staple meal is poached eggs on toast... I seriously can't get enough of the stuff. I'd never even tried poached eggs until about a year ago, so it was a very happy day when my boyfriend introduced me to them and taught me how to make them. I now eat them regularly and have actually used 500ml of vinegar in the last three months, just on poaching eggs. I haven't got much protein in my diet as I don't eat a lot of meat, so eggs are good for me as well as being easy to cook after a long day.



I'm always pleased when I manage to make two perfect poached eggs


Poached eggs are probably the healthiest variety of egg too...  I know boiled eggs are healthy, but I can never peel the shell off properly so they irritate me and put me in a bad mood. I don't like it when my food is difficult to get at! 

Poached eggs are really easy to make. You fill a saucepan with boiling water and put some vinegar in, swirl the water around with a fork until you form a mini whirlpool, then crack your egg into the centre of the whirlpool. You only have to leave them for 3 or 4 minutes, depending on how runny you like your yolk to be. I used to be fussy about eating eggs with a runny yolk, but poached eggs on toast are definitely better when runny!



My favourite bit is bursting the yolk... yummers


So there's another simple meal for you to enjoy... I will learn to cook more complicated things soon, promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)