Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Organisation is the spice of (my) life

Being organised is a chore for some people. I, on the other hand, love being organised and find it very disconcerting if I feel as if my life is getting disorganised at any point. I love writing to-do lists and ticking items off, planning my meals a week in advance, putting my CDs and DVDs in alphabetical order, colour coding everything, and just generally organising every single little thing.

My friends know all about these habits, and Liz bought me the most amazing present for Christmas. It's a week-to-view planner where I can plan everything as far in advance as I want, and it has nice long columns so that I can write down every little thing! I was feeling extremely stressed last week as I've got much to do in the next fortnight, so I decided to sit down and get planning. I felt loads better after writing everything down and planning what I'm going to do each evening, as everything seemed more manageable and achievable when it was all written down and accounted for.


This list in progress


I actually look forward to getting all the relevant tasks done so that I can cross them off and feel a sense of achievement... I know I know, it's not the most riveting thing to get excited about. 

Can anyone recommend any other tools to keep organised? I've got a diary, book of lists, food planner and calendar, as well as the planner above, but I'm always looking for more!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE crossing things off my to-do lists, haha. Totally agree with you that it's always better to be organised :) love your blog so now following you via GFC! Come visit me again at www.ispytrends.blogspot.com very soon! Katie-xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing things off is so satisfying! Great, thanks, I'm following you too so will definitely pop back soon x

      Delete
  2. I have a to-do list on the go on my phone all the time. I try to cross off at least one thing a day and some days I set myself whole lists of tasks to do.. it's often hard with Little Miss running around though!

    That planner looks awesome though.

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! Good that you keep lists though :) They're just the best things ever x

      Delete
  3. Aw, glad you liked it :) Thought it might be right up your street! www.athriftymrs.com recently did a series of posts about getting organised (I think there were 15) so there might be some ideas on there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll have a look :) I've crossed all the items off so far for this week! x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)