Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

The gym DOES work!

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I go to the gym regularly (and moan about it just as regularly). Sometimes the gym can be daunting if you don't see immediate results, and I do tend to get downhearted if I don't lose any weight for a while, even though I've been eating healthily and going to the gym nearly every week night. It can just seem like a load of wasted work if there are no tangible improvements. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with my gym! I always feel good after I've gone, but get so frustrated when nothing seems to change.

I've been going to the gym for about 7 years on and off, but have only been going really regularly for the last 12 months. I've also made a big effort in the last 12 months to eat more healthily and to snack less. I am a normal weight so don't need to lose much, but there's always room for improvement. I've also been focusing more on toning up and getting fitter, rather than just getting obsessed with losing pounds. I do still obsess over losing pounds sometimes... I think everyone does at some point.

Anyway, over the last year, I've lost a stone and gone down a clothes size. I've also been measuring myself every two months or so (upper arm, waist, hips, etc) and discovered last week that I've lost 26 inches in total from various measurements since this time last year! This made me very happy, and proved that relying on the weighing scales to monitor your progress isn't always reliable, and definitely isn't satisfying. It also proves that it's ok to eat rubbish sometimes as long as it's all in moderation. And I do love my food!

So going to the gym really does work... that'll certainly give me more motivation to carry on with my routine over the next 12 months.

Now pass me (a small piece of) chocolate!


2 comments:

  1. It really does! Eventually :) Well done for the inch loss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I still don't think I look much different, but it's nice to have some solid evidence! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)