Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

New York... any ideas?

I'm going to New York in February with my boyfriend, which is obviously very exciting. It's the first time for both of us, so we're busy trying to decide where we want to go and what we want to see while we're out there. We'll be there for 5 days, and will be staying in Times Square. I've come up with a list of what I'd like to see, but I'd appreciate further suggestions from people who have been before or who know a bit about the city. I was going to add photos from Google for each list item then got paranoid about copyright (some might say I'm a Paranoid Android), so I'll just write another blog post when I come back with my own photos. Problem solved.

1. Empire State Building

2. Rockefeller Center

3. Staten Island Ferry

4. Central Park

5. Giant Disney store in Times Square

6. American Museum of Natural History

7. National September 11 Memorial and Museum

8. See a musical on Broadway (spending money permitting...)

9. Museum of the City of New York

10. Brooklyn Bridge


This is my top ten list so far! Pretty sure I'll keep adding to it over the next few weeks. I know these are all standard tourist attractions which everyone goes to (apart from the Disney store...), so if anyone has any recommendations for less 'popular' attractions, which should also be cheaper, that would be splendiferous.

The Big Apple, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. When I went in 2008 it was AMAZING! You will LOVE it! I 100% advise going to every one you have put down!!
    We saw 'wicked' whilst there and worked with some of their chorus members in a workshop as I went with my Drama class!
    Statue of Liberty and Empire State building were out of this World, and Ground Zero was sad but definitely a must-go!
    We also went to Blomingdales and Macy's which was an expirence!

    I hope you have a wonderful time!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment, I love hearing about other people's holiday experiences! Seeing Wicked there would be amazing... I'd love to see The Lion King too, so we'll see what's on while we're out there. I'll make sure I save some spending money for Bloomingdale's and Macy's! I'll post a review on here after I get back with lots of photos :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)